Saturday, August 7, 2010

Race for the Cure

I finally decided to do a 5K first, then a 10K, then a half. I think I want to give my body the benefit of a solid running base before attempting to push it for the longer mileage training programs. I feel more comfortable with this. I know I will get to doing those races, because I still want to do them in my heart. I just don't want to overdo it, then end p with an injury before I've really gotten going. So I am going to run the Race for the Cure 5K at the end of September. I've also joined a local running store's training program, and had my first training run today. I've never run with a group before, and it was a great experience. I found when I fell into sync with a girl who was slightly faster than me, I picked up my pace for the last half of the run. I also picked up some good tips about form and preventing injury from the coaches. I think this will be very beneficial, and I'm really excited about it! BTW - first really great run I've had in a long time, maybe something to do with getting out early enough so that it hadn't gotten too hot yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment